I made almond milk for the first time after hearing so much about the almond milk from Pressed Juicery! This is sweetened with a little bit of date and some vanilla extract. It’s so fresh and delicious, like a healthy, natural, melted milk shake. If you want to make your own just follow these steps:
1 cups of raw unsalted almonds
3.5 cups of filtered water
2-4 Pitted dates, depending on how sweet you want it
1 tsp of vanilla extract, or a whole vanilla bean if you like!
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
A blender (I used my nutribullet)
cheesecloth or specialized Nut Milk Bag or sieve
1. In a bowl or container put the almonds in water until it’s covered. You’re going to soak these almonds for about 6-8 hours till the skins are soft. When you are done soaking the almonds drain and rinse them. Now, I took the skins off the almonds by easily slipping them off with my index finger and thumb. Some people don’t take the skins off but I guess it’s a matter of how you want your almond milk to look. Without the skins the almonds are white and therefore will produce a pure white milk.
2. Next put the almonds, filtered water, pitted dates, and vanilla in a blender or something like a nutribullet which I have. Since my nutribullet is small I halved the ingredients and did it in 2 batches.
3. Blend on the highest speed for 1 minute
4. Next strain your blended almond milk through your cheesecloth/nut milk bag/sieve into another container. If using cheesecloth or a nutmilk bag squeeze the remaining almond milk into the container, almost like milking a cow!
5. Pour the almond milk back into the blender and add the cinnamon and salt and blend on low to combine.
6. Pour into a container and now you’re done! The milk will last for 3-5 days in the fridge. Use it for cereal or anywhere else you use milk! It’s also super delicious on it’s own!
Little Sweet Thing was born out of Karen's obsession with Cupcakes! When she couldn't find the perfect cupcake ring to wear she made one and now she is sharing her love of all things sweet with the world!