1 cups of raw unsalted almonds
3.5 cups of filtered water
2-4 Pitted dates, depending on how sweet you want it
1 tsp of vanilla extract, or a whole vanilla bean if you like!
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
A blender (I used my nutribullet)
cheesecloth or specialized Nut Milk Bag or sieve
1. In a bowl or container put the almonds in water until it’s covered. You’re going to soak these almonds for about 6-8 hours till the skins are soft. When you are done soaking the almonds drain and rinse them. Now, I took the skins off the almonds by easily slipping them off with my index finger and thumb. Some people don’t take the skins off but I guess it’s a matter of how you want your almond milk to look. Without the skins the almonds are white and therefore will produce a pure white milk.
2. Next put the almonds, filtered water, pitted dates, and vanilla in a blender or something like a nutribullet which I have. Since my nutribullet is small I halved the ingredients and did it in 2 batches.
3. Blend on the highest speed for 1 minute
4. Next strain your blended almond milk through your cheesecloth/nut milk bag/sieve into another container. If using cheesecloth or a nutmilk bag squeeze the remaining almond milk into the container, almost like milking a cow!
5. Pour the almond milk back into the blender and add the cinnamon and salt and blend on low to combine.
6. Pour into a container and now you’re done! The milk will last for 3-5 days in the fridge. Use it for cereal or anywhere else you use milk! It’s also super delicious on it’s own!